HOME / CAREERS
At Sproles Woodard, we believe our people are our most valuable asset and we are committed to developing the professional and personal skills of all of our employees. We value each employee and their contribution to the overall success of the firm. That’s how we create an ideal work environment where employees succeed in and out of the office. All of our employees are exposed to a wide range of services and industries, and have access to relevant technical and industry training. Whether you’re looking to make your next career move or you’re just starting out, we offer competitive salaries that rank proportionally among the top in our industry, an attractive benefits package and extended training and mentorship. We truly believe in a work life balance and offer flexible schedules that focus on productivity rather than meeting a certain number of hours worked. We employee the latest in technology to allow employees to work smarter rather than harder.
Our benefits include:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Reimbursement of CPA exam prep materials
- CPA examination incentives
- Paid time off
- Continuing professional education
- Professional dues
Sproles Woodard believes in providing personal attention to each employee. We have found that the best employees are the ones that receive the best training. By putting a focus on employee development, Sproles Woodard has gained a solid reputation for having some of the finest CPAs in the industry. The accounting profession is constantly changing and we understand the importance of becoming an expert in the accounting industry. Sproles Woodard focuses on specialized training for both new and existing employees. Whether you are a new staff accountant or have ten years of public accounting experience, Sproles Woodard has the tools you need to further your professional career.
For recent graduates or students pursuing a graduate degree, Sproles Woodard offers the opportunity to work in several different career practice areas. Our firm provides one of the most competitive compensation and benefit packages with an emphasis on work/life balance.
If you are a student who is currently enrolled in a graduate program, you will be offered flexible working arrangements while working at the firm. Sproles Woodard recognizes that the first priority for incoming accountants is obtaining a solid education, and we will work around your schedule to help you finish your degree. By gaining important hands-on experience while completing your education, you will be jump-starting your career while learning skills that will enhance your practice as a CPA.
Senior Tax Accountant
Sproles Woodard LLP is seeking candidates for Senior Tax Accountant in Fort Worth, Texas. A successful candidate will have completed 2-5 years in the practice of public accountancy where they were responsible for all aspects of federal and state tax compliance, tax planning and analyzing tax law. An ideal candidate will possess the desire to become involved in all aspects of public accounting, have strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and have the ability to learn new skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Masters in Tax strongly preferred)
- 2 – 5 years prior public accounting experience
- CPA certification or candidacy
- A strong attention to detail and commitment to providing quality work
- Ability to work within a team environment required with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
The Sproles Woodard Office Administrator is an important part of our firm and plays an integral role in the customer service and organizational strength of our company. The Office Administrator provides clerical and administrative support to ensure that the office runs smoothly. The successful candidate must have impeccable verbal and written communication skills, a strong ability to multi-task, a friendly demeanor and ability to maintain appropriate decorum in a professional work environment.
- Electronic filing of tax returns
- Produce reports from tax software
- Edit audit reports
- Generate Client instruction letters
- Draft correspondences and other formal documents
- Assemble tax and financial reports and communicate instructions in written form
- Answer inbound telephone calls, assesses the caller’s needs and direct them to the appropriate person
- Assist in front desk office administration duties
- College degree
- Experience in upper level administrative work
- Stable work history
- Ability to work overtime during busy season
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with MS Office software
- Aptitude for learning and utilizing additional software applications (ProSystem fx Scan, Practice Management software, etc. – will train)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
We thank you for your interest in joining Sproles Woodard and welcome candidates for all levels of positions. Resumes are also accepted via fax, e-mail or traditional mail. No telephone calls, please.